Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
with Zucchini Noodles
1 pound (450g) raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 medium zucchini
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons softened butter, or ghee, divided
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
1/4 cup (60ml) chicken or vegetable stock (or white wine)
Hot sauce of your choice, to taste (I used Valentina)
Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. To prepare this lemon garlic butter shrimp recipe with zucchini noodles: Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Make the zucchini pasta using a spiralizer or julienne peeler and set aside*.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp for one minute without stirring, so the bottom of the shrimps get slightly browned.
3. Add the chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook shrimp the other side. Transfer the grilled shrimp to a shallow plate.
4. In the same pan, add remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken or vegetable stock, and hot sauce to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring reg ularly.
5. Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook until done, about 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow the sauce to reduce a bit if it’s too watery. Add the grilled shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately your shrimp zucchini noodles with lemon slices, extra parsley, and pepper. Enjoy!
*Sometimes, zucchini noodles tend to render some water while cooking, so you can sprinkle zucchini pasta with salt and let sit in a colander while you’re cooking shrimp. Press with your hands to remove excess water; then rinse and drain thoroughly before adding to the pan.
Brookie Pinwheel Cookies
1 package chocolate chip cookie dough
1 package fudgy brownie mix, prepared
1. Set the cookie dough out on the counter for 15 mins to soften. Prepare the brownie mix and set aside.
2. Roll out the chocolate chip cookie dough between two sheets of parchment, until it is the width of the chocolate chips.
3. Spread a layer of brownie batter on top of the cookie dough, leaving 1 inch at the top uncovered.
4. Tightly roll from the bottom to the top creating a log.
5. Wrap the log in the parchment paper and freeze until solid. (You may have to roll the log after removing it from the freezer to create a round shape.)
6. Slice the log into ½-¾ inch cookies. Bake on parchment at 375ºF for 10-15 minutes.
7. Transfer to cooling racks and let it cool for 5 mins.