Student-Run Since '51

Dear Cal

Cal, Staff Writer

0 Flares Filament.io 0 Flares ×

Dear Cal,
There is student in my psych class that is driving me nuts. What can I do to stop him from constantly interrupting the class?
-Sincerely,
Psycho

Dear Psycho,
It’s simple really. Tell him to stop interrupting the class because it is distracting. Problem solved.
-Sincerely,
Cal
Dear Cal,
Well I don’t mind taking two classes but the amount of homework that I have surpasses me and I’m mind blown. We have assignments like everyday! It’s crazy and overwhelming the amount of homework that is armed with these two classes, and yes it is hard but it’s manageable and when I’m done and pass these classes, it will be worth it. But honestly, how am I supposed to keep my sanity with school and work and my social life?
-Sincerely,
Claire from New York City
Dear Claire,
To be honest I don’t even know how to begin a reply considering you somewhat contradict yourself, but two classes can be overwhelming but there are people that take a full load of five or six classes, work full time, and have kids that seem to make it work, so you should be able to as well. Yes there is going to be homework everyday, need I remind you that this is college. It shouldn’t be too difficult to manage your time around your two classes.
-Sincerely,
Cal

Dear Cal,
I am afraid to go to the bathroom on campus because the stall doors open. I have to take friends with me to hold the door closed for me.
-Would like to Pee in Peace

Dear Pee in Peace,
We all have the same fear. Everyone should be able to have a moment of privacy. I would contact MCC President Bob Allbee for with your concerns about this. He can be reached at 563-288-6004, or emailed at ballbee@eicc.edu
-Sincerely,
Cal

Dear Cal is penned by a staff writer for the MCC Calumet. Questions are welcomed by any MCC student, staff or faculty member. Letters can be submitted through mcc.calumet@gmail.com, sent directly to the Calumet: MCC English Department, Calumet, 152 Colorado Street, Muscatine, IA 52761, or dropped into any of the Calumet “Tip Boxes” located in Larson, Loper, Gaekle, Strahan Halls, as well at the Student Center.

Comments

comments

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Filament.io 0 Flares ×
Student-Run Since '51
Dear Cal