Teams to look for during March Madness

Nikolas Martin

To say that this year’s NCAA men’s basketball season has been crazy would be a significant understatement. Many teams that are usually pretty good are – well- not good, Memphis’ star player and projected No. 1 overall pick James Wiseman left college less than a week into the season, and there have been countless upsets. All of this should lead to a nice March tourney. While we still have to wait for conference championship tournaments to take place and selections for the tournament, I decided to try and break down some of the teams that are expected to be in the tourney into categories.

The Favorites: Kansas, Gonzaga, and Baylor.

Dangerous Teams: San Diego State, Dayton, Kentucky, Seton Hall, Maryland, Florida State and Louisville.

Teams who are falling apart: Duke

Dark Horse Teams: Oregon, Villanova, Auburn, Michigan State, BYU, Virginia, Iowa and Wisconsin

Good teams most likely to lose early: San Diego State, Florida State, Maryland and Gonzaga

Keep in mind as you’re reading this; I finished eighth out of 11 people in one bracket last year, and last place in another. So you might wanna just do the exa ct opposite of what I do when it comes to this.

With that being said, if I had to pick a team or two to win, I’d have to go with San Diego State, who just recently lost their first game of the year, or Kansas, who have been playing like the best team in the country over the last month in a half.

Sorry in advance to any fans of these two teams, as they are now probably going to be eliminated in the first round.